Disaster-related links: (See maps links below this section as well)
- InciWeb WA Incident Info System for Washington State
- InciWeb OR Incident Info System for Oregon
- Google Public Alerts Fantastic and flexible maps jam-packed with information on many current disaster scenarios.
- ReliefWeb OCHA (UN Office for Coord. of Humanitarian Affairs) int’l disaster info site
- Misc disaster relief links from my Northwest Baptist Disaster Releif page.
- FEMA subscribe to emails such as the Daily Operations Briefs
Links for maps I like to use:
- National Incident Map/ sign up for incident updates
- Northwest Fire Locations from the NW Interagency Coordinating Center
- Google Map Really? Who doesn’t love GoogleMaps?
- Latitude You have a smart device and want folks to know where you are. You need this.
Links for local hikes:
Local Emergency services links:
- FlashAlert while this page is specific to Boring Fire, you can user FlashAlert to send you email (or use the RSS function) to get updates from specific emergency services, schools, and other agencies.
- PublicAlert News & info on major service disruptions in the PDX metro area.
- Oregon Fire Bulletin click to sign up for updates.
- 911 Dispatch Magazine I enjoy emailed updates from this trade magazine.
- 9-1-1 Magazine another good online mag to subscribe to
- Daily Dispatch – Western Fire Chiefs Association Fire Fighters news I subscribe to.
- FirefighterCloseCalls More Fire Fighters news I subscribe to.
- Signup page for Clackamas County Emergency “Reverse 911” phone notifications (more info here)
- Twitter Feeds: for Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington County 911 calls
- Broadcastify: listen to police/fire scanner via the web
- Joint CAD Incident Tracking: Washington and Clackamas Counties 911 Center incident mapping
- Oregon 911: Map of current emergency events in Oregon. (Similar to the Joint CAD, wider scope)
Links for dealing with trauma:
- TIP resources, chock full of great info.
- Place County Chaplaincy, some good reference materials for CISM skills etc
- When Tragedy Strikes Another great website from TIP National, great resource for dealing with tragedy and how to help others in sad situations.
- Talking with Children about Traumatic Events from The Dougy Center
Links for classes I recommend for chaplains or those in related fields:
- Police and Fire Chaplains Training Academy May 19-24, 2013. The program provides 44 hours of classroom training, 12 hours of direct contact experience and 3 hours of seminar training. Training is provided at the Washington Criminal Justice Training Commission in Burien, Washington.
- Code 4 Trainers for Tactical Silence, Emotional Survival for the Emergency Services Provider, Verbal Judo and many of the Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) classes as well.
- International Critical Incident Stress Foundation CISM training
- National Organization for Victims Assistance
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
- National Institute of Mental Health
Links for where some of my photos are:
- krj1963.webs.com Some of my nature photos
- My FaceBook page has some of my pictures as well… waaayyyy tooo many.
Links for good Bible tools:
- Bible Suite a great set of tools including the text in many versions, lexicons, commentaries, cross-references, language tools, and more.
- Bible Gateway another great tool with similiar functions as Bible Suite
Links to things I think are just too cool not to include: